SAFE HANDLING PROCEDURES
Keep frozen and sealed until ready to cook.
Cook within 2 days of thawing on chiller, or within 4 hours of thawing at room temperature.
1. Thaw overnight in chiller, then at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat canola or vegetable oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet.
3. Remove steak from vacuum bag. Set aside the aromatics. Pat dry with a paper towel carefully.
4. When your oil starts to smoke, gently place the steak in the skillet. Add the aromatics and some butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Flip the steak and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes while basting.
6. Using tongs, pick the steak and sear the edges for 30-45 seconds.